Who and What is ESN?
The Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is one of the biggest student associations in Europe. ESN was founded in 1989 with the aim of supporting and developing student exchange. ESN is present in over 38 countries and has around 500 sections. The network is constantly expanding and developing with the help of new and enthusiastic local and international members. ESN is operating in the Higher Education circuit, offering its services to over 190,000 international students every year. The by far greater majority of ESN members work on a voluntary base.
Aims and Principles
- ESN works in the interest of international students
- ESN works to improve the social and practical integration of international students.
- ESN represents the needs and rights of international students on the local, national and international level.
- ESN provides relevant information about mobility programmes.
- ESN motivates students to study abroad.
- ESN works with the reintegration of homecoming students.
- ESN contributes to the improvement and accessibility of student mobility.
- ESN cares about its members.
- ESN values volunteering and active citizenship.
The International Board of Erasmus Student Network consists of 5 elected board members for a mandate of one year. They are elected every year at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). This meeting takes place in a different country and city every year. The place of this huge event is determined at the previous AGM. Every year a new Board is elected at the Annual General Meeting of ESN. The board of ESN International is located (working and living) in Brussels. The five board members cover the following positions: President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Communication Manager and Web Project Administrator.
Safi Sabuni, President
Matthew Clemo, Vice-President
Jovana Stanković, Treasurer
Gaffar Rampage, Communication Manager
Thomas Pappas, Web Project Administrator
If you want to read more about what ESN International does and stands for you can always visit their website: www.esn.org.